Hi all! I’ve seen a lot of Nordstom Anniversary posts for the past few weeks. I actually got sick of seeing post about what I “had to get” so I told myself once the sale opened to everyone (August 19-August 30) I would do a short post with just a few items that I wanted to get. I tried to find items from different price ranges that I thought were good prices AND most importantly were things I’d been wanting or needing to purchase.
Zella Live in Jogger Pants. I have bought Zella leggings in the past and have been really happy with the quality of them. I’m excited to give these a try and they are under $50.00!
The North Face ThermoBall Eco Hooded Parka. I have been eyeing this parka for a while now and I was happy to see it at this price! I’m getting the asphalt grey matte color, but there are 3 other colors to choose from.
Eliza J. Floral Printed Halter Dress. I think this navy, floral printed dress is so pretty and feminine. I like the halter style and the length is great too. Now I just need somewhere to where it!
Kut from the Kloth Button Fly Ankle Skinny Jeans. This brand of jeans is my favorite! I like the way they fit and they have so many different styles to choose from. I usually gravitate towards dark denim so I think this lighter wash will be a nice addition to my wardrobe.
Tory Burch Carson Top Handle Leather Hobo Bag. This is a beautiful bag with a zip top (which I prefer) and the pretty brown color with gold details is just amazing. (It comes in black too.)
Lancôme Hypnose Drama Bigger & Bolder Lash Kit. This kit comes with 2 full sized Hypnose mascaras, a full sized lash primer and a travel eye makeup remover for under $60.00. A great buy that my daughter and I both will benefit from:)
Okay, that’s it…nothing crazy I just picked a few items this year. In years past I felt like some of the things I bought were just because I kept seeing them everywhere, but this year I tried to be smarter in my purchases:)
I hope you all have a great day and I’d love to know what you purchased from the sale-let me know in the comments!
*this post contains affiliate links*
Happy Friday! It was a cold and snowy week here in MO and it’s official that Fall was skipped this year…again! We had a snow day here on Tuesday and I think I’ve been trying to warm up ever since 🙂 but today is Friday and I wanted to share some of my favorites with you!
1. Beautycounter Overnight Resurfacing Peel I have read so many great things about this brand (and in particular this item) , but I’ve used a perscripiton retinol for years so I never gave it another thought. Lately I’ve been reading about skincare and all the bad ingredients that are in it that I decided to try a “clean” skincare item to see how it would work. (I’m still using my retinol, but I use this in place of it every other night.) The claims sound great… brighten, soften and help with skins texture without causing irritation or drying out the skin. As the temps start to change I always deal with my combination skin looking and feeling a little dry so I welcomed the idea of not seeing any dryness on my face that I still seem to experience with retinol. I’ve been using the Overnight Resurfacing Peel every other night followed my moisturizer and I have to say I’m very impressed! My skin feels so soft the next morning and I’ve noticed my skin looks more radiant too. I have acne prone skin and this hasn’t caused me to breakout either. I have found myself excited on the nights I use this to put it on my skin because I know I’m going to wake up with super soft, glowy, hydrated skin! I hightly recommend this!
2. Living Proof Flex Hairspray This hairspray is like hairspray 2.0! I don’t like the way hairspray feels on my hair so I never used it…but when the temps drop my hair gets some crazy static when I put on my winter coat. This hairspray helps that! It doesn’t leave your hair feeling hard at all, can be applied to wet or dry hair and it has heat protection in it too!! I spray it in my towel dried hair, brush it throught and either let it air dry of use my hair dryer. Either way my hair feels soft and I’ve had no static problems! Love it.
3. EVER Whiplash Mascara For those who don’t know; I’m a Stella & Dot Stylist. Our company recently shared some exciting news with us…starting in January 2020 you will be able to purchase EVER Skincare (Stella’s sister company) direct from my website! It’s a very exciting time and I have been doing a ton of research to learn as much as I can about EVER Skincare and makeup! I few of their items have been released to my website for the holidays for me to share with you on my website and I ordered the Whiplash Mascara ASAP! It’s a clean mascara that gives my pale blond barely there lashes both length AND volume! I’m excited to try out more makeup and skincare in the coming months.
Laura Mercier Eyelash Curler I know it looks weird, but this eyelash curler is in my opinion the BEST! I was looking for a link to share with all of you and I had a hard time finding it, so that makes me think it’s been discountinued (gasp!!!) The link I provided is the only place I could find it. It never pinches and curls my tiny pale lashes so well! I’ll check back to see if I find it anywhere else.
4. Ever Spring Liquid Hand Soap I saw this in the holiday section of my Target. I’ve never purchased this brand, but the Winter Citrus & Pine and the Peppermint Clove smelled soooo good I had to give them both a try! The adorable artwork on the bottles was to cute to pass up too! I’m not ready to put out Christmas decor yet (#respecttheturkey) but I’m changing out my soaps ASAP!!!
5. Hallmark Channel Christmas Movies I LOVE watching the Hallmark Channel during the Christmas season! Yes, the movies are predictable, but they are so cozy and always have a happy ending…I’m a sucker for them! My daughters and I will watch them together and I don’t have to worry about any inapropriate stuff either!!!! If you haven’t watched one yet, go for it! The link above has a list of all of them for the rest of 2019.
Let me know what you think of my favorites or if you have a favorite you think I’d like to try! Have a great weekend.
Until Next Time,
Happy Friday! I hope you all have had a good week. I have quite a odd assortment of favorites to share with you today so I apolgize in advance at how odd they might seem:) Okay…here we go!
The Weekend Slouchy Top from Stella & Dot This off the sholder top with gold details is perfect for date night! I don’t own a lot of green either so this is a nice change for me. The fabric is very soft and has a bit of stretch to it also.
Haagen-Dazs Non-Dairy Chocolate Fudge Bar I have been dairy free for about a year and have had a hard time finding an ice cream treat that I thought was good…until now! Holy cow these are good…so good that I double checked the box the first time I tried them to make sure I picked up the non-dairy kind. Highly recommend!!!!
It Cosmetics Heavenly Skin Brush I have tried quite a few foundation brushes and this one works best for me. It gives good coverage and never has left my makeup looking streaky and the brush is super soft.
Sharper Image Silicon Ice Sphere Molds I originally purchased these for my husband to use in his drinks, but I started putting them in my daughters Yeti since she has practice after school and they last all day! I take them out of the freezer and let them set out for about 10 minutes before I pop them out and they seem to come out easier that way.
Okay there they are, my top picks for the week. I’d love to know what your favorites are!
Until next time-have a great weekend!
*contains affiliate links*
Since Sephora is offering 15% off (code: BIBONUS ends 11/19) I thought it would be fun to share a few items that I’ve been looking at. The sale ends on 11/19 so be sure to shop before then to save yourself a little money!
Laura Mercier – Shadows & Brights Metallic Caviar Stick Eye Colour Collection I’ve wanted to try these cream shadows and I think the pretty metallic finish they have will be perfect for upcoming holiday parties.
Philosopy Purity Cleanser This cleanser is my favorite! I use this (actually my hubby & two daughters do too!) It gently enough for my daughters sensitive skin, but also removes my makeup at the end of the day!
Charlotte Tilbury’s Party Girl Kit I think this kit is a great way to try a few different things from Charlotte Tilbury. I’ve heard so many people say how great her makeup is and this is a great way to try it out!
Bumble and bumble – Happy Hairdays Volume + Texture Trio I decided to give this a try after noticing my hair was starting to look thin and flat and I’m very happy with it. The shampoo has a nice clean sent and make my hair feel thicker. The texture spray is a nice way to finish off my hair and helps give it a nice extra lift! This is a great way to try out these products and would be nice for travel.
Dyson – Supersonic Hair Dryer I have heard so many wonderful things about this hairdryer from Dyson! It claims to dry hair faster and cause less damage to hair…oh and it helps promote smooth, shiny hair.
Okay so there are a few things I found online. Some are products that I’ve used and there are a few new things in there too! What are you getting from the Sephora sale?
Have a great weekend!
*contains affiliate links*