Goli Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies. I’ve seen these gummies advertised A LOT lately so I did some research to learn more about them. I didn’t realize all of the benefits of apple cider vinegar…better digestion, clearer skin and body detoxifying just to name a few. I decided to give them a try. They taste pretty good (kinda like a soft chewy version of a gummy bear).
Aveeno Stress Relief Body Lotion. This lotion was kinda a funny “stress relief …I’m sold!” purchase 🤣🤣. I love the scent; lavender with chamomile oil! It moisturizes really well & it’s the perfect end of the day relaxing scent after a bath or shower.
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream. This face moisturizer I bought for my teen daughter who was getting dry patches because of an acne cream her doctor prescribed. It’s lightweight, moisturizing, doesn’t make her skin oily or cause her to breakout. This worked wonders on her dry patches and it’s unscented too. Perfect!!
Happy Friday! It was a cold and snowy week here in MO and it’s official that Fall was skipped this year…again! We had a snow day here on Tuesday and I think I’ve been trying to warm up ever since 🙂 but today is Friday and I wanted to share some of my favorites with you!
1. Beautycounter Overnight Resurfacing Peel I have read so many great things about this brand (and in particular this item) , but I’ve used a perscripiton retinol for years so I never gave it another thought. Lately I’ve been reading about skincare and all the bad ingredients that are in it that I decided to try a “clean” skincare item to see how it would work. (I’m still using my retinol, but I use this in place of it every other night.) The claims sound great… brighten, soften and help with skins texture without causing irritation or drying out the skin. As the temps start to change I always deal with my combination skin looking and feeling a little dry so I welcomed the idea of not seeing any dryness on my face that I still seem to experience with retinol. I’ve been using the Overnight Resurfacing Peel every other night followed my moisturizer and I have to say I’m very impressed! My skin feels so soft the next morning and I’ve noticed my skin looks more radiant too. I have acne prone skin and this hasn’t caused me to breakout either. I have found myself excited on the nights I use this to put it on my skin because I know I’m going to wake up with super soft, glowy, hydrated skin! I hightly recommend this!
2. Living Proof Flex Hairspray This hairspray is like hairspray 2.0! I don’t like the way hairspray feels on my hair so I never used it…but when the temps drop my hair gets some crazy static when I put on my winter coat. This hairspray helps that! It doesn’t leave your hair feeling hard at all, can be applied to wet or dry hair and it has heat protection in it too!! I spray it in my towel dried hair, brush it throught and either let it air dry of use my hair dryer. Either way my hair feels soft and I’ve had no static problems! Love it.
3. EVER Whiplash Mascara For those who don’t know; I’m a Stella & Dot Stylist. Our company recently shared some exciting news with us…starting in January 2020 you will be able to purchase EVER Skincare (Stella’s sister company) direct from my website! It’s a very exciting time and I have been doing a ton of research to learn as much as I can about EVER Skincare and makeup! I few of their items have been released to my website for the holidays for me to share with you on my website and I ordered the Whiplash Mascara ASAP! It’s a clean mascara that gives my pale blond barely there lashes both length AND volume! I’m excited to try out more makeup and skincare in the coming months.
Laura Mercier Eyelash Curler I know it looks weird, but this eyelash curler is in my opinion the BEST! I was looking for a link to share with all of you and I had a hard time finding it, so that makes me think it’s been discountinued (gasp!!!) The link I provided is the only place I could find it. It never pinches and curls my tiny pale lashes so well! I’ll check back to see if I find it anywhere else.
4. Ever Spring Liquid Hand Soap I saw this in the holiday section of my Target. I’ve never purchased this brand, but the Winter Citrus & Pine and the Peppermint Clove smelled soooo good I had to give them both a try! The adorable artwork on the bottles was to cute to pass up too! I’m not ready to put out Christmas decor yet (#respecttheturkey) but I’m changing out my soaps ASAP!!!
5. Hallmark Channel Christmas Movies I LOVE watching the Hallmark Channel during the Christmas season! Yes, the movies are predictable, but they are so cozy and always have a happy ending…I’m a sucker for them! My daughters and I will watch them together and I don’t have to worry about any inapropriate stuff either!!!! If you haven’t watched one yet, go for it! The link above has a list of all of them for the rest of 2019.
Let me know what you think of my favorites or if you have a favorite you think I’d like to try! Have a great weekend.
Aveda Damage Remedy This daily hair repair is a lightweight leave in treatment that helps repair damaged hair, reduce breakage AND its a heat protectant too. I like that it’s lightweight and just a little amount goes a long way. Easy to use too…just work a small amount in towel dried hair & comb it through.
Olaplex Bonding Oil I have heard rave reviews about Olaplex shampoo and conditioner and I haven’t tried them yet…but this oil is wonderful!!! It good for all hair types (I have fine hair and it doesn’t weigh down my hair at all) and it helps protect color treated hair, fight frizz and provides heat protection.. I like that this can be used on damp and dry hair. I love to use it after I style my hair to smooth out any frizz and it helps smooth the end of my hair.
Clinique Pop LipColor I have worn Clinique lipstick off and on since I was in high school and I admit it’s been awhile since I have, but every time I put this color on I’m reminded how good their lipsticks are! The are never drying on my lips and they have a huge selection on colors and finishes…anyway this color (Beige Pop) is a great nude with a very slight pink undertone. I fill in my lips with neutral lipliner (right now I’m loving Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk liner) and then I apply the lipstick and it looks great!
Essie Nail Polish in Seeking Stars If your looking for a great dark bronze color with the slightest hint of shimmer this is the color for you! It screams fall and makes me want to put on a sweater and booties…but that’ll have to wait for now since today’s high is 90!!!
Okay, there you have it a few of my favorites for the week. We have a busy weekend of sports, but I’m hoping I get a chance to get in the kitchen and whip up one of my families favorite desserts…apple cake! What are your plans for the weekend? Whatever they are I hope you have a great weekend.
I know I’ve been absent lately and I’m trying to get back to a better schedule for posts, but I wanted to share my weekly favorites with you because this week they are really good😊
Revlon One-Step Volumizer Hair Dryer This is by far one of my favorite purchase in quite some time! It dries and smooth my hair at the same time and unless I’m wanting a super stick straight hair style this is all I have used…no separate straight iron needed and my hair is drying faster too!
Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate This Fall/Winter I have been dealing with drier skin-which is weird because I have always had oily/combo skin. It could be because this winter has been brutally cold or maybe the fact that I just turned 41 (eek!!!) and my skin is changing. Regardless of whatever it may be I started using this oil at night after my retinol and I’ve woken up with softer, smoother, flake-free skin AND I haven’t broken out from it either! It takes such a small amount to cover my face and neck that I think it’s totally worth the price.
Laura Mercier Ambre Vanilla Soufflé Body Cream OMG I wish you could all smell this thru the screen!!!! It smells heavenly and moisturizes my skin so well. I apply it after my shower and the wonderful smell lingers on me all day long.
Tree Hut Body Scrub I love to use a body scrub numerous times a week and have tried many from this brand and they all work really well to exfoliate my body. I saw this one and just had to try it…coffee and mint scented AND firming all in one!!!! My only complaint is that the coffee granules are a title messy in the shower and it takes a little extra effort to get down the drain, but the wonderful coffee scent makes it worth it.
Briogeo Rosarco Milk This leave in conditioning spray is a nice lightweight spray that adds a little extra conditioning to my hair and doesn’t weigh down my hair either.
Since Sephora is offering 15% off (code: BIBONUS ends 11/19) I thought it would be fun to share a few items that I’ve been looking at. The sale ends on 11/19 so be sure to shop before then to save yourself a little money!
Philosopy Purity Cleanser This cleanser is my favorite! I use this (actually my hubby & two daughters do too!) It gently enough for my daughters sensitive skin, but also removes my makeup at the end of the day!
Charlotte Tilbury’s Party Girl Kit I think this kit is a great way to try a few different things from Charlotte Tilbury. I’ve heard so many people say how great her makeup is and this is a great way to try it out!
Bumble and bumble – Happy Hairdays Volume + Texture Trio I decided to give this a try after noticing my hair was starting to look thin and flat and I’m very happy with it. The shampoo has a nice clean sent and make my hair feel thicker. The texture spray is a nice way to finish off my hair and helps give it a nice extra lift! This is a great way to try out these products and would be nice for travel.
Dyson – Supersonic Hair Dryer I have heard so many wonderful things about this hairdryer from Dyson! It claims to dry hair faster and cause less damage to hair…oh and it helps promote smooth, shiny hair.
Okay so there are a few things I found online. Some are products that I’ve used and there are a few new things in there too! What are you getting from the Sephora sale?