Happy Friday! It was a cold and snowy week here in MO and it’s official that Fall was skipped this year…again! We had a snow day here on Tuesday and I think I’ve been trying to warm up ever since 🙂 but today is Friday and I wanted to share some of my favorites with you!
1. Beautycounter Overnight Resurfacing Peel I have read so many great things about this brand (and in particular this item) , but I’ve used a perscripiton retinol for years so I never gave it another thought. Lately I’ve been reading about skincare and all the bad ingredients that are in it that I decided to try a “clean” skincare item to see how it would work. (I’m still using my retinol, but I use this in place of it every other night.) The claims sound great… brighten, soften and help with skins texture without causing irritation or drying out the skin. As the temps start to change I always deal with my combination skin looking and feeling a little dry so I welcomed the idea of not seeing any dryness on my face that I still seem to experience with retinol. I’ve been using the Overnight Resurfacing Peel every other night followed my moisturizer and I have to say I’m very impressed! My skin feels so soft the next morning and I’ve noticed my skin looks more radiant too. I have acne prone skin and this hasn’t caused me to breakout either. I have found myself excited on the nights I use this to put it on my skin because I know I’m going to wake up with super soft, glowy, hydrated skin! I hightly recommend this!
2. Living Proof Flex Hairspray This hairspray is like hairspray 2.0! I don’t like the way hairspray feels on my hair so I never used it…but when the temps drop my hair gets some crazy static when I put on my winter coat. This hairspray helps that! It doesn’t leave your hair feeling hard at all, can be applied to wet or dry hair and it has heat protection in it too!! I spray it in my towel dried hair, brush it throught and either let it air dry of use my hair dryer. Either way my hair feels soft and I’ve had no static problems! Love it.
3. EVER Whiplash Mascara For those who don’t know; I’m a Stella & Dot Stylist. Our company recently shared some exciting news with us…starting in January 2020 you will be able to purchase EVER Skincare (Stella’s sister company) direct from my website! It’s a very exciting time and I have been doing a ton of research to learn as much as I can about EVER Skincare and makeup! I few of their items have been released to my website for the holidays for me to share with you on my website and I ordered the Whiplash Mascara ASAP! It’s a clean mascara that gives my pale blond barely there lashes both length AND volume! I’m excited to try out more makeup and skincare in the coming months.
Laura Mercier Eyelash Curler I know it looks weird, but this eyelash curler is in my opinion the BEST! I was looking for a link to share with all of you and I had a hard time finding it, so that makes me think it’s been discountinued (gasp!!!) The link I provided is the only place I could find it. It never pinches and curls my tiny pale lashes so well! I’ll check back to see if I find it anywhere else.
4. Ever Spring Liquid Hand Soap I saw this in the holiday section of my Target. I’ve never purchased this brand, but the Winter Citrus & Pine and the Peppermint Clove smelled soooo good I had to give them both a try! The adorable artwork on the bottles was to cute to pass up too! I’m not ready to put out Christmas decor yet (#respecttheturkey) but I’m changing out my soaps ASAP!!!
5. Hallmark Channel Christmas Movies I LOVE watching the Hallmark Channel during the Christmas season! Yes, the movies are predictable, but they are so cozy and always have a happy ending…I’m a sucker for them! My daughters and I will watch them together and I don’t have to worry about any inapropriate stuff either!!!! If you haven’t watched one yet, go for it! The link above has a list of all of them for the rest of 2019.
Let me know what you think of my favorites or if you have a favorite you think I’d like to try! Have a great weekend.
Until Next Time,