I kept hearing such great things about the TULA Pro-Glycolic Resurfacing Gel I decided to give it another try…as you can see from my review below it made me break out…BUT I stuck with it and used it everyday and after day 7 I didn’t experience any more breakouts. I think this toner was just helping to bring all of the gunk (technically term :)) to the surface. I have grown to absolutely love this and use it every morning. My skin feels softer, more pores appear smaller and my skin has a nice glow to it! I’m so impressed my all of the TULA products I’ve used and I can’t recommend them enough to family and friends!
A few months ago I started seeing a lot of advertising for TULA skin care. I was intrigued for a few reasons. Mainly because it’s a cleaner skincare brand that uses probiotics and superfoods and DOES NOT contain any parabens, toxins, mineral oil, sulfates or harmful preservatives. I started doing some research and decided to buy a few items to try out. For reference I’m 41 (eek), combination skin and I breakout easily. Here are my honest thoughts on the products I bought.
- Glow & Get It Cooling and Brightening Eye Balm I love how cooling this stick is when I apply it. I still use an eye cream, but I apply this before I put on my primer. It is in a stick form and gives my undereye area a slight illuminating look. The directions say it can be applied over makeup too, but I found it made my under eye area looked cakey so I’ll stick to putting it on before makeup or even on no makeup days. (This keeps selling out on their website, but it has been getting restocked pretty fast so be sure to check back if it is.)
- Purifying Facial Cleanser I’ve been using this in the morning and I like how gentle it feels and the smell is light and fresh (love it!). My face feels clean, but not dry and a little goes a long way!
- Aqua Infusion Oil-Free Gel Cream I have combo skin and I thought this would be great for my skin (lightweight, fast absorbing), but when I used this my skin felt like it need a little more moisture. I think the cold temps we have continued to have here in the Midwest might have a lot to do with it so I’ll give it a try when the weather gets warmer. My daughters found it in my bathroom and really like it though so I think I’ll have to go search in their bathroom when the temperature starts to rise so I can try it again:)
- Exfoliating Treatment Mask WOW-that’s the first word that comes to mind about this mask! From the first time I used it I knew I’d love it. My skin feels so soft and clean after I remove this mask, but not tight and dry. I use it 2-3 times a week and seriously look forward to using it!
- Pro-Glycolic Resurfacing Gel I have mixed feelings about this toner. I haven’t used a toner in years and I kept reading articles about how important toner is and all of the anti-aging benefits they provide, so I decided to give it a try… but every time I use this toner my face breaks out! I think I’ll check their website to see if they have another toner option I can try. (PLEASE SEE UPDATE ABOVE)
- Hydrating Day and Night Cream Well, the name pretty much sums this moisturizer up! This is what I tried afer the Gel Cream (see above) didn’t seem to provide enough moisture for my skin. It’s lightweight, but moisturizing and it just makes my skin look and feel good! I use it in the morning and at night after I apply my retinol.
I have started a list of other TULA products I’d like to try, but so far I’ve loved 5/6 of the items I’ve used. Have you tried any of their products? I’d love to know what you tried and your thoughts- let me know!
Until next time-
*contains affiliate links*