Today I wanted to share one of my favorite crockpot recipes with you and it’s a pretty easy! I love Potato Soup and I love using my crockpot so this soup is on repeat at my house. What makes it even better is that even my daughters (1 whom is VERY picky) likes it too!!
It’s really simple to make and only takes a few ingredients. The best part is that it’s made in the crockpot! Here’s what you need…
- 1 (30 oz.) bag of Frozen Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes
- 1 (32 oz.) Chicken Broth (I prefer unsalted)
- 1 can Cream of Chicken soup
- 2 Tbsp Minced Onion
- 1/ tsp. ground black pepper (not pictured…oops!)
- 1 (8 oz.) softened Cream Cheese
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon
- In slow cooker put frozen hash browns, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, minced onion and pepper.
- Cover crockpot and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Stir mixture and add cream cheese (I cube my cream cheese so it’s in smaller pieces and easier to melt). Cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes (or until cream cheese is melted) stirring occasionally to combine cream cheese into soup.
- Serve topped with cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon. Enjoy!
See, I told you this was an easy recipe. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much and my family and I do!
Until next time, have a great Monday!